December 12, 2005

That's a lot of Power!

Sometimes I have hard days where I don’t want to be where I am and I don’t want to do what I’m doing. But I’ve been constantly reminded and I can’t shake the thought of the billions of people who have never heard of Jesus and even more billions who maybe have heard of him but within the context of their own religion, like Islam. When those billions of people have names to them, it sinks in. Take Emin for example. He knew there were two parts to the Bible, and that some of it was written by Abraham. And that’s all. He doesn’t know the claims Jesus made, he just considers him a prophet. At moments like these, if the Holy Spirit is guiding you, your heart feels burdened and overwhelmed with love, just like God’s heart. You mind wonders where to begin and the thought of teaching him everything seems so hopeless, but then you are reminded of the power of God and the power of Cross. I don’t speak with fancy-schmancy words to persuade and convince. I simply tell of Jesus and the cross.

1 comment:

Erskine said...

Isn't that all you can do? Speak simply of Jesus and the cross? Keep it up. You're not the only one with days when you think, "What on earth am I doing?" Still, I'm grateful that you're another guy with the "common sense" call that says people still need to hear the truth. I'm doing my best to bring people like you to join you.