January 8, 2006

Often times we pray and we ask God for more power or more faith or to bless what we are doing. Are we asking God to empower our flesh? Shouldn’t we be asking God to bless what he is doing. I’ve found that I have way to high of an opionion of myself and I see myself as much more useful that I really am. I am a bondservant, not an employee. I don’t need more power or more faith. I need God to bless the works that he is doing and clearly guide me into those areas that he wants me. I will faithfully serve him with everything he has given me.

5 comments:

Heather Durkee said...

We all need to hear this throughout the year. Good insight Josh!

Lor & Josh said...

josh, where do you come up with this stuff? God is obviously revealing a lot of truth to you. i'm glad you share it here. it's true that we ask God for gifts to make us stronger Christians, but He wants our weakness. He wants us to be led by what He is doing. then we live in rest and He gets glory. why is it so hard for this to be reality in our lives (mine at least)?

S.I. said...

Hi...I was reading back to "Does God purposely put us in danger?" I actually don't agree with you--I believe God allows danger, but I don't see that as the same as God driving the truck that's about to run me over. Not to be argumentative...just contemplative.

Chris Massie said...

God isn't driving the truck, He's helping you walk into the right places so that you're exactly where He needs you to be. However, what if God does drive the truck?

S.I. said...

ho hum. :-) I believe God refrains from running His family over with trucks. Speaking of trucks, I saw Strong Bad painted on one in Manhattan today!

Think about it though, God instigating evil to use it for good? I would hope that's not true.

This reminds me of my recent contemplations about how God pursues us though we don't deserve it--perhaps it sounds cliche, but I have really struggled with "Can God really accept me? That's just not possible." And then I realized that was the point. THAT is why it's SO CRAZY FREAKIN AMAZING:-)

Sorry, this is Jorsh's page, and I got carried away. ;-)